I have regrettably been a bit off grid with this blog lately. I say regrettably because while I have been busy enjoying myself (this is coming to you late because it has been my birthday week!) this blog is still my baby, only just in its early years. What’s more, if there’s one thing I hate its tardiness. However it is still better to be late than never! This post is a little bit different for a few reasons. Firstly, I rarely get the opportunity to answer so many semi-personal questions and put my responses out there. Secondly, this is a bit of fun that has required little to no research apart from soul searching, and thirdly: engagement. I have none! I can only blame myself for my aforementioned busyness, and twitter is a beast that I’ve yet to tame…but despite not being nominated to do this challenge (because my blogger buddies consist only of my DIY bears at the moment) I welcome any of you to take on these vogue style questions that I’ve seen floating around, and let me know some of your answers in the comments below! So, here goes nothing…
73 Vogue Style Questions
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
It’s no secret that I love coffee but think I’ve had Starbucks less than a handful of times in my life. Costa cappuccinos, mochas or Christmas specials have my heart.
2. What does your work station look like?
I don’t have one but really wish I did! The magic usually happens on my sofa with crossed legs and a laptop till I can afford the space to set up a proper desk/home office one day.
3. All-time favourite food?
KFC with copious gravy (plus always keep a lemon wipe in your bag!)
4. Favourite author?
David Farland. I picked up a vintage copy of the Runelords in a charity shop when I was about 12 years old and fell in love with the plot and his style.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
Not for me, but if it works for all parties then each to their own!
6. What is your favourite video game?
There’s so many…but BioShock wins hands down, just for story and visuals alone.
7. Guilty pleasure?
Love Island, and other trash TV/YouTubers…
8. Your favourite movie?
LOTR, and if I’m getting specific about it the Two Towers.
9. Favourite book?
The Magician’s Guild by Trudi Canavan. I read it twice when I was young, so it’s got sentimental value.
10. Best advice you’ve ever received?
When I really think about it I can’t say I’ve ever received any! Which is rather sad I suppose… but I read once that people don’t like the reserved because they are the unknown. That means they can assume anything about you, good or bad and usually nonsensical. It’s made me make the effort to reveal more to others and satisfy people’s curiosity.
11. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram for my personal account, I just like scrolling through celebrities, memes and artsy pics from accounts that I love. For this blog and interaction though, I really love Twitter. You really do get a variety of everything and I’ve discovered other great blogs that way.
12. Are you a desktop or laptop person?
Laptop. Can’t say I ever really owned a desktop!
13. What projects are you working on right now?
This blog is an ongoing project, along with the pins and twitter for it. But I have so many non-fiction books in mind and I am outlining my fantasy novel each and every day. It truly is a labour of love.
14. What’s your favourite colour?
Purple! But I mostly wear red, black or blue.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
Yes. I always need something to be lost in, and that was what I lived and breathed.
16. Dream job?
Marketing/Writing. I’m technically living the dream I suppose.
17. Played any sports?
God no. Too people-y
18. Do you have a degree?
Yes, BaHons Events & Tourism Management, MSc Marketing Management
Whiter than white British.
20. What’s your favourite kind of blog post to do?
Opinion pieces bordering on essays. That’s why there’s so many of them.
21. What do you like to collect?
Too many things to note! Keyrings, Pin Badges, Funko Pops, DnD Dice, Makeup, Stationary etc…
22. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Sarcastic. Industrious. Caring.
23. One thing you still have from your childhood?
My old novel notes from when the ideas all began!
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
25. What’s on the top of your wish list right now?
A Bosch glue gun. My cheapie one just short circuited!
26. Sorting House?
As in Harry Potter? Gryffindor according to online quizzes, but love a good Slytherin with a Ravenclaw work ethic
27. How many tattoos do you have?
0. Plenty of piercings though (in case I change my mind/style!)
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Starting this blog! It’s given me an outlet I had no idea I could.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
My birthday! We had a family barbeque and the day after my partner and I went shopping and had dinner.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
Like most days coffee (but its early yet!).
31. What’s the best thing ever?
The sound and smell of rain.
32. Favourite season?
Autumn. The weather is on point & I love the colours.
33. Favourite holiday?
Halloween. The only one I would celebrate given the chance.
34. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
I can’t pick just one, so… Kevin Wendell Crumb? With a dash of Ray from in Bruges and just a hint of Tina Belcher.
35. Do you like surprises?
Not really! I wouldn’t want to be unprepared.
36. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone?
DIY memory scrap book. Was rather proud of it and it was well received.
37. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
I live by the beach, so naturally it’s mountains all the way!
38. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Never. I’m a busy person!
39. Do you like muffins?
Who doesn’t? White choc and blueberry
40. Do you cook often?
Technically everyday, but never anything too fancy. I don’t really enjoy it.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Chocolate fudge cake (heated with ice-cream)
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Liquorice type flavours
43. Cake or pie?
Pie. Prefer savoury stuff any day
44. What’s your least favourite food?
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Ketchup and mayo mixed on the plate
46. It’s 4 AM on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
Whatever’s in the fridge, so probably something as tragic as cold ham
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
How to get through it all in one bloody piece!
48. Best animated film?
Toughest question in this! Maybe the Secret of Nymh, but if we are talking Disney then Mulan had me hooked as a kid!
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
Lied about something ridiculous is the usual, from jobs and connections to what they can do at the gym or more sweetly what we have in common. All laughable however.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Dinner and a movie
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Something active where you can just ‘get to know each other naturally’. Sod that. I want to talk and check you’re a laugh first before we get stuck playing crazy golf together in awkward silence.
52. What’s the funniest pick-up line a guy could use on a girl?
You’re like Gillette. The best a man can get. The first thing I thought of as I’ve actually been on receiving end of it. Hilarious results.
53. Best comic book character?
Don’t really like them, but would have to say Spiderman or Iron man. I always have a place in my heart for Tobey Maguire or a good sarcastic character.
54. What are three things that are always in your purse?
What I would call essentials, but what is actually a whole pre-prepared kit of tissues, plasters, pens, bottle openers etc…everyone laughs until they need something!
55. Favourite drink?
Malibu & Pineapple
56. If you could play a historical figure in a movie who would it be?
Elizabeth! The OG boss.
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Tell me your favourite sushi roll?
Thought sushi was an all encompassing term. Uncultured swine that I am, do the Tesco prawn ones count?
59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
No7, like most of my makeup (it’s hypoallergenic)
60. What kind of foundation do you use?
Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation 30ml (Various Shades) in shade 03 True Ivory
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Air dry. My hair is stupid thick and I wouldn’t want to damage it
62. Who is your fashion icon?
Can’t say I have one but Instagram is great inspo
63. Favourite Disney Character?
Ariel. Forget ‘feminist’ propaganda, she always wanted legs and the fellah just happened to be there at the same time.
64. What are you doing for tomorrow?
Hospital appointment for the ole jaw again. Joy.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
66. Movie that made you cry?
Benjamin Button. The only one I think that has!
67. If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be?
68. Scary films or happy endings?
Horror horror horror. I like my movies to have a sense of realism after all!
69. What’s your favourite animal?
70. Favourite illustrator?
71. Person you wanna have coffee with?
Never meet your idols
72. What’s the country you wish to visit?
There’s so many! But I would love to do a trip through Amsterdam/Belgium/Bruges etc. They all look so beautiful.
73. Best way to decompress?
I have already summarised that pretty well here!
Well, that’s it from me! I hope that these answers gave you a little bit more of an insight into me and mine. What are some of yours? Until next time,
If you enjoyed this post and would like to hear more from me each week please subscribe and check out my other social media accounts down below. Thank you for reading!